Services we specialize in:
Fortinet’s mission is to deliver the most innovative, highest-performing network security fabric to secure and simplify your IT infrastructure.
We are a leading global provider of network security appliances for carriers, data centers, enterprises, and distributed offices.
Unlike firewalls from other vendors that have limited security effectiveness, limited visibility of devices, and performance challenges when deployed in extended environments, Fortinet's Enterprise Firewalls provide a single solution for maximum threat protection across the enterprise – scaling from the edge to the core to internal segments – with industry leading security and performance.
The FortiOS Advantage
FortiOS is the foundation of the Fortinet Security Fabric, consolidating many technologies and use cases into a simplified, single policy and management framework. FortiOS provides customers with superior protection, deeper visibility and control, reduced complexity, and greater operational efficiency across their entire attack surface.
The Security Processor Advantage
Fortinet Security Processors radically increase the performance, scalability, and value of Fortinet solutions while greatly shrinking space and power requirements, compared to CPU-based solutions. Use of SSL Inspection is increasingly critical but comes with a large performance hit on most firewall solutions. Our latest Content Processor (CP9) delivers high SSL inspection performance with minimal performance degradation, while supporting all 32 critical ciphers*, as demonstrated in NSS Labs’ 2018 NGFW/SSL-TLS Performance Test Report.
The FortiGuard Threat Intelligence Advantage
Our FortiGuard Labs threat research team develops the threat intelligence that informs all of our solutions.
FortiGuard Labs leverages leading-edge machine learning and AI technologies to provide consistently top-rated protection* and actionable threat intelligence that protect and inform our customers worldwide. FortiGuard Labs partners with law enforcement agencies, governments, alliances, and other vendors, taking a leadership role to ensure the industry is collaborating and effectively responding to emerging security risks worldwide.
OTHER FABRIC SOLUTIONS
Advanced Threat Protection
Other companies often deliver solutions that operate as closed systems, or are just point products that secure a single layer of the attack surface, leaving gaps in coverage. Fortinet offers automated threat prevention, detection, and mitigation by top-rated Fortinet and other 3rd party components. Network, application, and endpoint layers work together across the dynamic enterprise attack surface to disrupt known and unknown threats.
Fabric-enabled advanced threat protection delivers:
- Identification of advanced attacks across the entire attack surface through integration
- Prevention, rather than just detection, of incidents by working in conjunction with in-place controls
- Automated and coordinated response to the full lifecycle of each attack through IoC sharing
Secure Unified Access
Fortinet's Secure Unified Access solution provides comprehensive security on the LAN infrastructure, delivering the most flexible security platform with end-to-end enforcement.FortiGate appliances at the core of the network, FortiSwitch devices, and FortiAP Wireless Access Points enables a common security policy across the network, extending the protection of the firewall out to the edge.
Standalone endpoint security solutions lack the broader Security Fabric-enabled endpoint visibility, automatic threat intelligence sharing, and policy level coordination and automation.
Fortinet’s Endpoint Security integrates a next-generation Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP), FortiClient, with Fortinet’s Security Fabric to deliver both real-time actionable intelligence and visibility, while automating threat response for exploit-driven attacks as well as advanced malware across various OS-based devices on or off prem. In parallel, IoT devices discovered within the Fabric allow access and control policies to be enforced, eliminating the expansion of the endpoint attack surface.
Email continues to be one of the largest, if not the largest, cyber attack vector.
- According to Verizon two thirds of installed malware was delivered via email.
- Gartner in their 2017 Market Guide on Secure Email Gateway states that advanced threats easily bypass the signature-based prevention mechanisms an SEG has traditionally used.
- Through 2016 and 2017 data from FortiGuard Labs has shown weekly most (and in many cases all) of the top 5 malware were associated with email campaigns.
Fortinet Email Security prevents threats from reaching the end user, protects sensitive data from inadvertent loss, and helps comply with corporate and regulatory requirements. The FortiMail Secure Email Gateway includes:
- Consistently demonstrated 99%+ anti-spam effectiveness
- Independently top-rated anti-malware protection (including sandboxing and content disarm capabilities)
- Robust DLP features, including predefined dictionaries, identifiers, and digital fingerprinting
- Identity-based encryption to securely deliver messages containing sensitive data
- Integrated email archiving to meet legal and regulatory retention requirements
It also includes up/cross-sell potential, often sold with:
- FortiSandbox to handle advanced threats
- FortiGate, as part of a security upgrade to network and email in the data center and/or
- FortiAnalyzer for consolidated logging and reporting across Fortinet products.
FortiMail routinely undergoes independent testing, earning consistent accolades such as:
- ICSA Advanced Threat Defense for Email Certification
- NSS Labs Recommended Breach Prevention
- Virus Bulletin VBSpam+ rating
Web Application Security
Our Web Application Security solution offers:
Security Fabric – Only Fortinet’s Web Application Security Solution is integrated with the FortiGate and FortiSandbox platforms to close gaps and provide protection against advanced persistent threats
Best Security and Performance – Fortinet delivers high-performance solutions across the board, with some of the fastest devices in the industry
Value – Every element in Fortinet’s Web Application Security solution delivers a low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) with most products leading in value in their respective segments.
Management and Analytics
The Fortinet Management and Analytics Solution provides simplified configuration management to help minimize short staffing; single-point-of-inspection improves effectiveness (talent) of security teams; and next-level analysis cuts through the noise to improve productivity. Fortinet products managed without the Management and Analytics solution, while more effective and efficient than competing point products, will require more resources and attention to maintain and may not uncover as many security insights.
Small Business Security
Secure Networks for Small Offices connects new employees, new offices, and new applications together so they can focus on their own success, and you can focus on them:
- Top-rated security technologies protecting the business, users, and data
- Integrated wired and wireless networking to simplify office IT
- Cloud-based management and reporting, making it simple to support
- Products include: FortiGate, FortiAP, FortiSwitch, FortiClient, FortiCloud
Secure Productivity for Small Offices
As businesses grow, they often do so by leveraging the cloud for quick time-to-market, low upfront investment and alignment of costs to revenue on an OpEx basis – for example, Microsoft Office 365. Fortinet’s Secure Productivity for Small Offices drives:
- Strong multi-factor authentication for cloud-based services
- Added protection for applications and email in the cloud
- Advanced detection for sophisticated threats
- Products include: FortiToken, FortiMail, FortiWeb, FortiSandbox
- Operational Efficiency – Our vision and product strategy results in each component of the Secure Networks and Secure Productivity solution sets being designed for integrated and automated operations, so the effort required to support and maintain customer networks is reduced and ensures your higher operational efficiency.
- Single Vendor, Comprehensive Portfolio – Fortinet is the only UTM vendor able to offer the broad range of integrated security and networking capabilities to dramatically simplify IT infrastructure and security, turning the foundational UTM platform into a margin-rich services platform for our partners.
- Industry-Leading Technology – We’ve been recognized by Gartner as a Magic Quadrant leader for UTM nine times, the most of any vendor. And our commitment to independent testing has earned us the most current industry certifications (20+) of any vendor.